page list

Friday, July 1, 2016

Vacationing at Zion Canyon

As promised, here is my post on our camping trip to Zion Canyon.

I will let some of these pictures do the talking for me...







The absolute highlight of our trip was the river that was just below our campsite, I mean I am standing in our campsite taking these pictures of the river!! We spent most of our time in this river, the water was so cool and wonderful!

This river was literally right next to our campsite!!!

The little head you see sticking out of the water is Eilan, Eric called her our little river otter :)

My Dad and brother hanging out and talking.


Our messy campsite, it was organized chaos.
 Quite a bit of my extended family gathered here to vacation with us. At Christmas or Thanksgiving, we often discuss where we want to go and camp the following summer and try to get our reservations made in January. In these pictures you will see many of my extended family. The cousins  had a great time playing and enjoying each others company while I had fun chatting and hanging out with my sister, sis in law and step mom.







We spent some time in Zion National Park, hiking and riding the shuttle to the different stops. Eilan decided to get her Jr. Ranger badge so she had some activities to complete.






Fearless squirrel, he let me get real close. I was impressed that I did not see anyone feeding the wild life while we were there.












Slightly blurry picture of my Hunky Hunny and younger son. We are at the lower Emerald Pool.




Working hard to complete her workbook activities. She also had to pick up trash and write down animals, trees, etc... that she saw while hiking.


Eilan very pleased with herself on earning her Jr. Ranger Badge, she is determined to do all she can to take care of Zion National Park and any other National Park...way to go Eilan!!

Eilan's Zion Canyon National Park Jr. Ranger Badge

Floating down the river in tubes is the thing to do when you are there. We didn't pay to do the 2 mile river floating thingy that they offer there, which is $20 per person. Instead we purchased our own tubes.


My feet enjoying the cold, soothing waters of the river.





My nephew and niece 



Eric scored us 4 tubes at the store across from the campground, they were in high demand.



My sister in law and my niece (her daughter)

The boys! My two boys left and middle, my nephew on the right. 

We had a wonderful time hanging out with family, while experiencing someplace new that we had never been. I have to tell you, I am always so in awe of God's beautiful creation! So much beauty to behold there.

I hope someday you get the chance to visit Zion Canyon!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment