page list

Monday, April 9, 2012

Sugar Detox Progress (or lack of)

Last week started off well, I felt so steady, I did have some sugar cravings, but I was able to handle them fairly easily...until the car accident. My husband and daughter were in a car accident on Wednesday evening coming home from church, they were hit from the side by a driver who ran a red light. God was merciful and protected them and brought them back home safely to us! We have been praising and thanking the Lord since then, and treasuring every moment we have together. It is sad how easy we can take simple blessings for granted!

Despite all the happenings of last week, I remained sugar free (even though I wanted to rip through a tub of rocky road ice cream) up until yesterday. We had a birthday potluck at a church friends house between services and the sweet, young man of the house made a gluten free chocolate cake for me and another friend who are gluten free. It was the first time he had ever made anything gluten free, I just could not say no to his wonderfully, kind gesture so I had some...and it was gooood! Then things kinda spiraled out of control on the sugar thing, I had reasoned to myself, well since I have had some, why not live it up today and just get back on the wagon tomorrow. So I did, I had a mocha frap from Starbucks...venti, I also had some rocky road ice cream that I had been dreaming about all week along with some more chocolate cake that I took home. I don't know if my taste buds are changing but the mocha frap did not taste as good, let's hope for changing taste buds :)

It's Monday, I'm back on the wagon and being good again, but still having cravings and dreaming about rocky road ice cream and Christopher's gluten free chocolate cake. Will I make it through the next two weeks? I honestly don't know, but I will take it one day at a time and rely on the Lord for strength. What is encouraging is that before I went on my sugar binge, I was starting to see some benefits to my health and I had dropped a pound, therefore I will persevere to the end!

How was your week?

Steph

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh! I had no idea Eric and Eilan were in a car accident. Thank GOD they are okay. That had to be a scary situation for Eilan. I am praising you for giving up sugar. I honestly don't think I could do it. How sad is that. I really should try, I know I need to and my body needs to detox. Don't beat yourself up for falling off the wagon. You got on the wagon in the first place and got back on it and that's all that matters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words Darci, you are such a sweetie! Yes, Eilan was terrified, they immobilized her with a neck brace and strapped her head still while she was in the ambulance. Thankfully Eric was fine and was able to ride with her to the hospital and calm her. The hospital gave her a teddy bear to keep and to hold while they ran tests on her to make sure she was ok, as she was thank the Lord! If you decide to give a up sugar for a period of time, let me know I'll cheer you on and give you support!

    ReplyDelete