page list

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fresh Eggs!

I am so delighted to have found a supplier of fresh, out-from-under-the-hen eggs! They are not your average large eggs, but a bit smaller and depending on the recipe, I usually add an extra egg. I love the colors, brown, speckled brown, white, light green...yep light green! I'm not sure what kind of chicken lays a light green egg, but I'll be checking into that as I am intrigued. These hens are fed organic leftovers although their feed is not organic, and they are free to wander around...sounds like happy hens! The yolks are a nice orange color, and the eggs themselves taste great! I am always striving to find fresh, healthy food for my family and I believe the fresher the better. For those of you who live in the Temecula area, Delaney's Hundred Mile Market sells fresh eggs and much more! You can learn more about them here http://www.localharvest.org/delaneys-artisan-foods-market-M24058 Delaney's is not my supplier, but I wanted to offer my readers a source that I know has fresh eggs regularly if you do not know anyone raising their own chickens with a surplus of eggs.
I wish you and your family much health and happiness, God bless!

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment