page list

Friday, April 1, 2011

Cooking For Isaiah by Silvana Nardone: A book review

 




I would like to introduce you to a gluten-free cookbook I have been enjoying immensely, Cooking for Isaiah by Silvana Nardone, her recipes are simple yet delicious and she has the best gluten free pizza crust I have ever made or tasted! Because of her son, Isaiah's food allergies, Silvana had to learn to cook in a whole new way to make food that her son and family would eat and love....now thanks to her cookbook, we can eat and love her wonderfully, creative recipes too!



The page to her Pepperoni Pizza recipe...I'm always writing my little tweaks in my books :)
This is my version of her Chicken Sausage, Peppers and Onions Pizza.
I made my version of her Pepperoni and her Chicken Sausage Pizzas...so good!
Are you drooling yet? :)
The best gluten free pizza ever!! The Pepperoni was delicious too, it got eaten too fast for me to take the picture lol


The page to her Super Fudge Brownie recipe...
I added walnuts to her recipe, that was all it needed. They are indeed super fudgey...so good, you would never know they are gluten free!

Her cookbook contains recipes to many baked goods, pancakes, waffles that are either sweet or savory, which she creatively uses as sandwich bread. She also has a recipe for bread slabs that are mouth watering! Cooking for Isaiah also contains recipes for salads, soups, main dishes, pastas and desserts, it's well rounded with plenty to choose from in each category. I admit I have focused on making the pizzas and desserts more than the other recipes, but I will definitely get to them soon.

I have used Namaste Perfect Flour blend in place of her flour blend with excellent results, if you don't care to mix a bunch of different flours together, although that way is definitely more cost effective. I hope you have enjoyed my review, I love sharing with the world when I find something that is truly terrific!

Drop by Silvana's blog Silvana's Kitchen and check out her free recipes and enjoy her warm, friendly posts.

Do you have her book? If so, how do you like it?

3 comments:

  1. Your pizzas made me drool! They looked delish! I am going to have to look into gluten free. I don't know much about it, but I want to know more. I write in my cookbooks, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Darci, the pizza's are so easy to make, much easier than making regular pizza crust! You might want to try eating gluten free for a month or three and see how you feel, many people feel so much better even though they do not have celiac disease.

    Thanks for your comment, love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie - what a sweet review! Silvana is fabulous. I just adore her cooking style and her big heart. You were so kind to share her with your readers.

    Sending hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete