page list

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cooking For Isaiah by Silvana Nardone week Day 3.

I had meant to post again yesterday, but we had an ICAP field trip to the San Diego Safari Park (formerly called The Wild Animal Park) and were gone all day. I had completely forgotten about this field trip and thankfully my husband reminded me Monday evening. I had just enough time to whip together some Mom's Banana Bread from Silvana's book Cooking For Isaiah. We like to take snacks and drinks with us when we go to amusement parks, the food there is just too expensive for our family of five. Well, I can honestly say, we were not deprived! This banana bread is so good, my picky husband who does not like bananas but enjoys a good banana bread, liked this one. It's so moist and perfectly sweetened, it was hard not to eat more than one slice!





Monday evening I made the Macaroni Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Olives from the cookbook. I knew I was going to love this recipe, sun dried tomatoes, celery, black olives (substituted for the kalamata olives) and pasta together make yum! I did use penne pasta in place of the elbow macaroni her recipe calls for, just because it's what I had on hand. I was not disappointed, the result was a delicious, creamy, crunchy, tangy pasta salad, another winner!


I hope you are enjoying my review of Silavana's cookbook, Cooking for Isaiah! I know I am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment