page list

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Cooking For Isaiah by Silvana Nardone week Day 6.

I have been enjoying  Silvana's cookbook, Cooking For Isaiah as have the rest of the family, we have yet to find a recipe we don't like! Friday morning  I made the Blueberry-Lemon Sourdough Pancakes and my husband loved them, they are light and fluffy with a hint of lemon from the lemon zest...so good!


Thursday evening for dinner we had her Sloppy Joe-Stuffed Potato Skins, another delicious winner! We all loved the flavor of the sloppy joe filling, I'd make it to put on gluten free hamburger buns if I ever find some I like. The roasted, crispy potato skins took it over the top! I don't know about you, but I love me some potatoes, I'd eat them every day if I could :)



Last night I made the Chicken Potpie Soup for our dinner, I substituted two cans of water chestnuts in place of the mushrooms that were called for in her recipe, because several family members do not like them. You will notice in my picture, that there are crumbled, ruffled potato chips on top of the bowls of soup, it's not a mistake or substitution on my part, it's actually part of the recipe, and I love it! The kids thought it was fun having chips on their soup and loved the flavors too. My younger son, Aiden thanked me for making it and everyone gobbled it all up!


For dessert last night, I made the Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies, but substituted semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of chopping up a semi-sweet chocolate bar into chunks...I'm lazy that way :) If asked what my favorite dessert is, I would have to say a good chocolate chip cookie. Sure I like pies and cakes and other goodies but I always seem to make chocolate chip cookies the most! These did not disappoint, they were crisp on the outside and tender, chewy on the inside and gooey if you ate it warm out of the oven...yum! Perfect with a tall glass of cold milk or dairy free milk!



This morning for breakfast, I made the Griddled Corn Cakes with Strawberry Syrup. Wow, these are good! Very easy to make and they come out light and fluffy with a hint of sweetness. The Strawberry syrup pairs perfectly with the corn cakes, I had my doubts as did my kids, but we trusted Silvana, she hadn't let us down yet :)  I happily watched my picky husband clean his plate and thoroughly enjoy every bite.



This wraps up Cooking For Isaiah by Silvana Nardone week, I enjoyed her recipes immensely, they were easy and tasty and all of them winners with my family, you can't ask for more than that! I wholeheartedly recommend her cookbook and encourage you to check your local library to view her book before deciding to purchase it, also please mosey on over to her website and try some of her many free recipes. Silvana's Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment